Tuesday, August 5, 2008

San Francisco Photo Album

Maven Darcy Burke

Hello Mave Faves! I had a great time in San Francisco! No, I didn't win the Golden Heart, but honestly I was just thrilled to be a finalist. It was so great meeting all of the other Pixie Chicks (that's what we 2008 Golden Heart finalists call ourselves). We even had t-shirts!



It was especially wonderful to see so many great friends: Julianne, Santa, Manda, Elodie, Tessa, Amy, Sara, Courtney, and so many more! I also loved meeting for the first time Leigh, Louisa, Anna, Elisabeth, Angie, and all the Pixie Chicks! I have to give a special shout out to my roommate, Pamela Fryer, who won the Golden Heart for Best Series Contemporary Action Adventure! Yay Pam! (Here are pics of me with J Perry Stone, Courtney Milan, Anna Campbell, and Pam Fryer.)
 
And here's a pic of some of the FanLit alums from two years ago:


And last but not least, here are the Mavens! Unfortunately Carrie couldn't be with us and I've no idea how to crop her in.

 
It was an exhausting four days, but I learned a lot and networked my little tush off. (Actually, it's still there. Pesky thing.)
Be sure to stop in tomorrow when Angie Fox is our guest Maven. You want to find out your Biker Witch name, don't you? Post a comment and you could win a signed copy of Angie's brand new debut, The Accidental Demon Slayer. I'm reading it now and it's hi-larious.


How was your conference? If you weren't there, how productive were you without us to bother you?

6 comments:

lacey kaye said...

Why are we all leaning to the right? Looks like we didn't have our V8 today!

Bill Clark said...

It was an exhausting four days

This would account for the sideways list, no doubt!

(I assume Carrie was at the end of the row in spirit, so that you all didn't just fall kerplunk! on the floor...) =)

BriteLady said...

Hmm...my biker witch name is Mosquito Bite Marcie Fast Pants

Not sure about the Fast Pants part, but the program must know about my extreme allergy (and, unforutnately, attraction) to mosquitoes.

The conference sounds like fun, and you guys all looked like you were having a great time!

skirbo said...

Those of us who couldn't be there appreciate all the great pics. I'm especially tickled to finally see a pic of the elusive Courtney Milan!

Glad you guys had a good time. Next year for me, for sure. I have relatives in DC I can stay with.

Sarah

B.E. Sanderson said...

You guys look great. Very chic. I wish I could've been there with all of you. From all the accounts of I've read, it's sounds like it was an awesome experience.

I didn't get any more done while you were gone, but not any less either. Same ol' same ol' here.

Santa said...

It was great to see everyone again and to, once again, match faces to blog names. I am just catching up here both domestically and professionally. Translated that means the laundry is all caught up and I've even managed to get a few words typed!

Manuscript Mavens










Manuscript Mavens