Monday, September 15, 2008

30k in 30 Days Challenge--Update

Maven Jackie BarbosaI planned to check in a little more often than this, but actually doing the writing seemed to eat up most of my time. (Wonder how that could have happened?) I have been managing to update my daily word count on my blog, but that's about it for updates so far.

So, yesterday marked Day 15 of the challenge. I'm a little shy of 15k at this point, but that's primarily because yesterday was Sunday, and Sundays are always iffy for writing (this funny little thing called "family time" seems to get in the way, lol).

The good news, however, is that this method seems to be working. Making sure I sit down and write every single day with a specific goal in mind has made a huge difference in my productivity. When I do get a good, solid block of time, I am writing faster and more efficiently, and finding it not that hard to meet or even exceed the 1,000 word goal.

Which is a good thing, because I've now completed two of the three novellas that are due on October 1, and it's going to take me more than 1,000 words per day to finish the one I'm writing now. My math tells me I now have to average 1,400 words to write THE END on that one by September 29, the last day of the challenge, giving me a whopping ONE DAY to polish it up before sending it in. Am I worried? Nah! I'm freaking terrified. LOL.

YOUR TURN: Update us on your writing progress for the last fifteen days. If you're in on the challenge, how's it going? If you're not, what are your current goals and how are things coming along? Remember, we love to hear from you, even if we are pretty quiet ourselves!

1 comments:

B.E. Sanderson said...

Way to go, Jackie! Woohoo! It's nice to see the meters move every day.

The past fifteen days for me? Let's see. Just under 7300 words - editing and new writing - on my WIP. One partial sent for a book I finished this past spring. 1300 words into a synopsis for another book I'm getting ready to submit.

Writing it out like that sounds better than I thought. I feel like I've been a slug, but that's not half bad. Could be better, though. =o\

Manuscript Mavens










Manuscript Mavens