Thursday, January 31, 2008

Guest Mavens! Prizes! Mavenabilia!

Maven Erica RidleyWhat's all this exciting stuff going on in Mavenland?! Merchandise, Prizes, an adventure YOU get to make!

That's right, it's the return of the Manuscript Maven CYOA Round-Robin, where every day a new author adds a chapter to a story you choose by voting on your favorite plot twists.

(Click Here to read the 2007 Halloween story, to get an idea of the crazy-hilarious fun just ahead!)

How it Works:
Each new installment will be posted bright and early at 8am EST (5am PST). Be sure to bookmark ManuscriptMavens.com because the voting cutoff is 7pm EST (4pm PST).

How to Win:
Everyone who votes on a plot twist is eligible for a prize! That's right, we're awarding prizes every single day of the adventure. You must vote to win!

What about the Grand Prize?
All MaveFaves who vote every single day of the adventure will be entered into a special Grand Prize Drawing. We will send you the t-shirt of your choice from the brand spanking new Mavenabilia Catalog. Be the first on your cyber-block with a Nitcritty Kitty or Magical Mulch Pile printed on your chest. (But wait! There's more! Check out all 3 sections for the full listing.)

What's the adventure titled?
You decide! As before, on the last day of the adventure, we'll put out a call for titles. Leave as many suggestions as you can dream up in the comments. Winner gets a prize! (Of course!)

What's the starting lineup?

02/01/08
Historical romance writer Colleen Gleason, author of the Gardella Vampire Chronicals.

02/02/08
Jody Wallace writes paranormal comedy, fantasy romance, and Southern women's fiction, including A Spell for Susannah. She has also written several novellas for Red Sage publishing under the pseudonym Ellie Marvel.

02/03/08
Amie Stuart writes erotic romance for Kensington Press and futuristic urban fantasy, including her upcoming book Nailed.

02/04/08
Multi-published author, renowned speaker, and National Reader’s Choice Award Finalist Debra Dixon, author of GMC: Goal, Motivation, and Conflict.

02/05/08
Deanna Lee is the author of numerous print and e-book titles, including Bounty Hunter.

02/06/08
Historical romance writer Karen Lingefelt, author of True Pretenses and past president of the Tampa Area Romance Authors.

02/07/08
Avon FanLit winner and Thursday Maven Lacey Kaye, president and webmistress of Seattle's East Side RWA.

02/08/08
Multi-published author for Steeple Hill Love Inspired, RWA Region 4 director, and RITA Finalist Terri Reed, author of Her Christmas Protector.

02/09/08
Friday Maven Jackie Barbosa writes both historical and contemporary romance with an erotic edge for Cobblestone-Press, including her May release Wickedly Ever After.

02/10/08
Mystery writer Julia Buckley author of The Dark Backward and the Madeline Mann series.

02/11/08
New York Times best-seller Virginia Henley, author of 25 historical romances, including Notorious and Infamous.

02/12/08
Agented, multi-contest finalist, and Monday Maven Erica Ridley, webmistress for the Tampa Area Romance Authors.

02/13/08
Debut Zebra author and Golden Heart Finalist Delilah Marvelle, author of Mistress of Pleasure.

02/14/08
New York Times best-seller C.L. Wilson, author of Lord of the Fading Lands and Lady of Light and Shadows and president of the Tampa Area Romance Authors.

02/15/08
Grand prize drawing and title contest!

Holy crap, that rocks!

Yes, we know. ;-) And you rock too, because your votes are what will make the story happen! Feel free to link to us on your blog or email the Adventure link to your email loops. We'd love it! Tell your friends, tell your neighbors, tell your flock of pet Mynah birds--the more votes, the better the adventure!!

YOUR TURN: Test your Choose Your Own Adventure skills now. The moment you finish reading this post, you're going to:

A) Squee fangirl (or fanboy) about the must-see upcoming Valentine Adventure on every blog and email loop I know.

B) Throw out all my old clothing, coffee mugs, beer steins, etc, and replace everything I own with items from the ever-stylish Mavenabilia Catalog.

C) Post my own set of snarky CYOA options to the comment section of this post. Mua ha haaa.

D) All of the above, baby! I'm a MaveFave!!!


As always, the Manuscript Mavens would like to thank Chooseco for graciously letting us borrow the CYOA name. Choose Your Own Adventure is a trademark of Chooseco LLC, Waitsfield, VT. Check them out at cyoa.com. The trademark has been used by permission herein. Thanks, CYOA!

Don't forget to join the Manuscript Mavens' quarterly newsletter on the right for advance notice of other exciting upcoming events!

12 comments:

Isabel said...

And I quote...

"Holy Crap, that rocks!"

I'm deliriously happy, I cannot wait. I missed the Halloween CYOA due to daytime gig commitments.
Now I'm over the flu that plagued me last week, I'm ready, Mavens and fellow Mavefaves.

And it's "D" all of the above!

Erica Ridley said...

So glad you're over the flu, MaveFave Isabel!! Something's been in the air lately (hit a few Mavens and several of my TARA pals) so hopefully this marks a run of good health for all! =)

Bill Clark said...

Holy crap, this is so exciting that I'm bouncing up and down in my Aeron chair!

Did I miss the time-period poll results? Or can we be loosey-goosey with those old-fashioned rules of time and space in preparation for Miss E's plan for world domination?

My blogbuddy Julie from England has sent us a link to play with:

http://www.magmypic.com/

In any case, my plan is to put myself on the cover of TIME magazine wearing my brand-new MaveFave button, once the sucker finally arrives. Go wild, everybody!

Bill Clark said...

OK, now I know you can't post pics in the comment thread. I tried with one of Julie's and got slapped down by blogger. Hence the non-sequitur lead-in to my final graph, which I had preceded by saying, "Let's give posting Julie's pic the old college try."

Oh, and definitely "D"!

Erica Ridley said...

>> Did I miss the time-period poll results? <<

Contemporary beat Historical and Futuristic (which were tied) by one point. Close all the way around!

lacey kaye said...

14 sweet shorts to make up for my singlehood!

Mavens Rock!

Vicki said...

D, it's D all the way for me!!

I'm so excited you are doing this again.

I'm off to check out Julie's link from Bill.

Jody W. and Meankitty said...

Well I personally am going to start flexing my fingers and figuring out how I'm going to work some inappropriate zombies into whatever Colleen presents us with.

Jody W.

Hellie Sinclair said...

*LOL* A. I'll do A. (I'm sorry, but I'm not replacing my Jack Sparrow shirt, even if your all's stuff really cool. :) )

Anonymous said...

w00t! zombies!

JenWriter said...

Wow, this sounds like a lot of fun! I can't wait.

Rachel Green said...

How super! I vote D

Manuscript Mavens










Manuscript Mavens