Monday, January 5, 2009

FIRST SALE!!!

Maven Erica RidleyCan I get a SQUEEEEEEE?!?!?!

I am pleased, thrilled, utterly apoplectic to announce that my superstar agent Lauren Abramo just sold my superstar Regency-set gothic TOUCHED to Kensington in a two-book deal. Yayayay!!!

It will be arriving at a bookstore near you in the next 18 months. More details to come (including "call story"...)

w00t!

Special thanks to my uber-massive support group: the Mavens Darcy, Lacey, Carrie, and Jackie, Kel & Manda, Janice, PCubed: Jean, June, Elissa, Cheryl, and Linda, all my TARA sisters, Cheryl, Julie and Virginia for never being too busy to answer my questions, and of course Karen and Diana, whose (utterly perfect) initial reaction was, "I told you so!"

20 comments:

Elyssa Papa said...

Congrats, Erica!!! That's fabulous news!!! You must be so excited, and to have it come right after the holidays. Squee indeed!

I'll definitely be looking for it on the shelves.

B.E. Sanderson said...

Woohoo! That's awesome news, Erica. Congratulations! Talk about a Happy New Year. =o)

Marnee Bailey said...

That's awesome Erica! How exciting! :)

Bill Clark said...

Like Diana, I always knew you'd do it. Just a matter of time, I kept telling myself. And now the time is here - YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next step: world domination!

J.K. Coi said...

That's amazing news, congratulations!

Isabel said...

Congratulations, Erica! I'm very, very happy for you!

((Hugs)))

Manda Collins said...

Wonderful news, Erica!!!! Congratulations!!!

Darcy Burke said...

Touched is so freaking awesome - of course they bought it! Seriously everyone, it's so sexy, creepy fabulous, unlike anything you've ever read. Can't wait for all of you to read it!

Congrats to my dear, dear friend.
xoxoxoxo,
D

Courtney Milan said...

Congratulations, Erica!

Jackie Barbosa said...

So you mean I can finally stop biting my tongue? Because, darn, it hurts and I think it's bleeding :)!

And of course, I told you so, too...albeit a LONG time ago! Congratulations; you deserve it.

Jackie Barbosa said...

Well, maybe not THAT long ago. We've only known each other about two years, right. So, not like FOREVER ago.

That just came out all wrong!

Karen said...

Congratulations!!

Beverley Kendall said...

SQUUUUEEEEEE! Wonderful news Erica. Knew it would be coming, actually I think it's past due.

Bev

MJFredrick said...

AWESOME! Congratulations!!!!

Erica Ridley said...

Thanks so much, everybody!!! You guys rock!!!!!!!

Louisa Cornell said...

Congratulations, Erica! The first (or first two) of many to come!

Kelly Krysten said...

Congrats!!! That is so awesome! You deserve it.:)

lacey kaye said...

:-D

Lady Leigh said...

Yaaayyyy!!!!!!!!!! What super great news! I am so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Could you be a guest writer on my blog? Of course, including your link would be a given... thanks!
email me a mmpaiva@mac.com

Thanks!
Michele Paiva

Manuscript Mavens










Manuscript Mavens